To come to Bremen from Europe, the easiest way is to:
- book a flight to destination Bremen (BRE)
- then take the tram line 6 in the direction “Universität”; it will take 15 minutes to reach the city center
- or travel by train to destination “Bremen Hauptbahnhof”
To come to Bremen from outside Europe, the easiest way is to:
- book a flight to one of the following airports
- Frankfurt International Airport (FRA)
- München Franz Josef Strauss (MUC)
- Paris Charles-de-Gaulle (CDG)
- Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS)
- book a flight from one of them to Bremen destination: Bremen (BRE) or book a train to Bremen Hauptbahnhof
To come to Bremen from within Germany
- book a flight from one of the connected Airports destination: Bremen (BRE) or book a train to Bremen Hauptbahnhof
Reaching the University
- From the Airport Bremen: take the tram line 6 in the direction “Universität”; it takes you approximately 25 minutes to step off at “Universität Zentralbereich”
- From the Central Station (Bremen Hauptbahnhof): take a tram line 6 in the direction “Universität”; it takes you approximately 15 minutes to step off at “Universität Zentralbereich”
Reaching the City Center
- From the airport: take the tram line 6 in the direction “Universität” and step off at “Domsheide/City Center”
- From the University: take the tram line 6 in the direction “Flughafen” and step off at “Domsheide/City Center”
Once arrived at the University of Bremen
VRIPHYS will be held in the building called MZH. In this photo the camera looks directly at the entrance.
Please find the campus map here. A PDF-map with restaurants and cafeterias at the conference site is available here.
Below you can find a map showing some of the recommended hotels and places to eat and go out.
Arrival by car
- Autobahn A1 from Hamburg or Osnabrück to the Bremer Kreuz, change to the A27 in direction Bremerhaven/ Cuxhaven
- Leave the A27 at Bremen Universität
- There are parking lots close by the MZH Building (0,70EUR / Day)
- The address for your navigation system to bring you to the parking place is “Enrique-Schmidt-Str, 28359 Bremen”
Tram Line 6
Tram Line 6: Airport - Main Station - University
Tram Line 6: University - Main Station - Airport
General Route overview map
Please refer to the BSAG website for more information on public transportation services in Bremen.
Every foreign visitor from a non-European-country entering Germany must have a valid passport. Visitors from countries without visa exempt agreements with Germany should apply to a German consular office or diplomatic mission in their home country. Please be aware that visa applications may take as long as one month from the time your completed application is submitted to the consulate. For further details, please contact your travel agent or the local consular office in your country.
Please contact us if you need a formal invitation for your visa application. You must have a valid registration and proof of conference fee payment.